DUI in North Carolina is a highly structured area of the law. An experienced criminal defense lawyer can help you keep it together and help find the assistance you need to get back on the road.
Serious traffic violations can end with severe penalties, including imprisonment. Often, traffic offenses are comparatively small issues. But, if a traffic violation causes injury, death or destruction of property, the incident may evolve into a serious or felony offense. Some traffic violations, such as operating a vehicle while license is revoked for an impaired driving offense, are thought of as being quite serious. Treat your traffic crime with serious thought and appropriate action. Jason Wilson can assist you through these unfortunate dealings.
Traffic crimes and moving violations, can involve:
- DWI / DUI / driving intoxicated
- Aggressive / reckless driving, or unsafe movement
- Speeding and zone infractions
- Evading or Eluding Arrest
- Hit and run, or leaving the scene an accident scene
- Homicide, manslaughter, or misdemeanor death as a result of incidents involving a vehicle
- Hit and Run / Property Damages
- Failure to yield the right of way or stop
- Driving with a revoked or suspended license
- Driving with no license, no insurance, expired registration, and/or expired inspection
- Improper turns, illegal passing, following too closely
- Improper equipment
- Failure to obey emergency vehicle signals or move over
- Passing a stopped school bus
- Illegal racing (street or highway)
- Underage driving offenses, and
- North Carolina DMV Hearings
Traffic charges should be taken seriously. Whereas traffic violations don’t necessarily have severe penalties or reputation repercussions, they still may end in heavy fines, loss of driving privileges, and added points with the DMV and your vehicle insurer. Some serious violations can even end up in imprisonment. Also, a large amount of less serious violations can accumulate, having a similar result as a serious traffic violation.
Have your driving privileges been suspended for:
- Reckless driving?
- Driving with a revoked license?
Jason Wilson may be able to assist you in reacquiring limited driving privileges. You don’t necessarily have to be encumbered over the entire time of your suspension. North Carolina acknowledges your need to be able to attend your job and care for your family’s needs. Your family shouldn’t suffer as a result of your errors. Jason Wilson will investigate your scenario, and allow you to put your situation in a proper perspective.
We can help clarify the implications of your violation, and facilitate our efforts in order to keep your driving privileges and personal standings from significant harm. Often, we are able to have your charges reduced or dismissed. You may not even be required to go to court. However, even if a court appearance is necessary, Jason Wilson is a qualified negotiator in regard to these minor charges. Jason is always prepared for trial, and to defend you against the repercussions of traffic violations. Criminal charge consultations are free of charge.